Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What is a good moderate Walt Disney World hotel for a family of four?

Do you know any good (moderate) hotels at Walt Disney world that is good for a twelve and ten year old? I have been looking at reviews and so far, they aren't so good. I have stayed at many Disney hotels of higher quality ( Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemptory)What is a good moderate Walt Disney World hotel for a family of four?
All four moderates are really great hotels! I would stay away from the cabins at Fort Wilderness Lodge only because they don't have that "disney magic". If you like the beach i would stay at The Caribbean Beach Resort. This resort has a amazing pool complete with a fun water slide and a pirate theme. The rooms are good (I wouldn't waste my money on a themed room unless you absolutely love Finding Nemo or Pirates of the Caribbean). You should ask for a preferred room so you don't get stuck walking nearly a mile each day just to have breakfast and go to a bus stop. The restaurant is just OK, but the food court is good. Many activities are available there too.



Coronado springs is defiantly my favorite moderate. The pool is really cool with a pyramid and a cheetah water slide. This moderate resort is most like the deluxe hotels, complete with a spa and nicer rooms. This resort has a dessert like theme and has numerous hammocks you can lay in along the beach. The sit down restaurant is pretty good as well as the pepper market. Bus service can be slow (as all moderates, it's just by chance). The rooms are really nice and always clean and the flat screen T.V.s are defiantly an upgrade from the other moderate resorts. Many activities are also available here too.



The last two resorts are "sister" resorts, that means if you stay in one you can acces the amenities of the other resort. These resorts are called Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside. While choosing one of these resorts I would recommend choosing for the room types and theme more than the amenities such as the pools and restaurants. The French Quarter's rooms have a more sophisticated feeling and are very elegant. The theme is Mardi gra and very colorful, perfect for kids. The other side is themed as a town by the river, more rustic. There are two sides of rooms, one side has the woodsy and rustic feeling while the other side has a more elegant feeling. This resort has a sit down restaurant (the french quarter shares it) and a food court (the french quarter has its own). These resort offers many other activities.



I really hope I helped and I also hope you have a magical time at Disney World. All the Moderate Resorts are great so whichever resort you chose you will have the best time of your life!
I have stayed at most of the Disney Resorts. I got so tired of the cramped quarters and huge loud crowds at the value resorts that I swore I would never go back to them. For a few extra bucks to upgrade to a moderate is so worth it. What I find myself doing time and time again is staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. My family and I LOVE this resort. I always request a room in one of the mansions in particular Acadian House. These are close to the main theme pool and the food court area.

The rooms at the moderate are large so a family of four, (My family is also 4) does not feel cramped like the vaule. They really are so much like the deluxe hotels without the high prices. They just dont have internal hallways and some of the higher end services but the overalll quality is the same.What is a good moderate Walt Disney World hotel for a family of four?
I too have stayed at a number of premier Disney hotels but a few years ago I stayed at one of their bargain level ones - All Star Sports - and found it to be really good value. The food court had fresh-baked cinnamon rolls every morning and the accommodations were just fine. Saved a great deal of money and so was able to take in more of the special dinner shows etc. All of the transportation privileges still applied. Let's face it - all of the Disney-run hotels are better than most non-Disney owned hotels.
If you want a hotel with some Disney Magic and that is very family friendly I would recommend the All-Star Hotels. There are 3 of them.

All-Star Sports- sports themed

All-Star Music- music themed

All-Star Movies- Movie themed

Those are my favorite Disney hotels and they are Value Hotels so they are not that expensive.



Hope this helps and hope you have a wonderful time with your family when you go :)What is a good moderate Walt Disney World hotel for a family of four?
Try POP Century. It is nearly as good as the moderates. The French Quarter Riverside is the best moderate. Hey, if you got the bucks for deluxe why step down.

No comments:

Post a Comment