Saturday, February 18, 2012

What do I include on an audition tape for disney channel?

Hi! I heard Selena Gomez was discovered from a nationwide talent search, but I also know that she sent in tapes to disney channel. I was wondering what to include on these tapes, and where to send them. Thanks for all your help!What do I include on an audition tape for disney channel?
You won't really get anywhere from doing that... Selena Gomez audition tapes maybe weren't even watched. Selena had experience. She was on Barney and Friends and I'm sure she had a agent. A agent is the only way to become successful in acting... You need a full resume with your local plays etc. But it also depends on your age, if you're to young and Disney selects you, you won't get a leading role...



Good Luck!

Hope this helped!
If you are unagented, you will end up in a slush pile where a 22 year old assistant will have a million tapes to review and yours will be just one of them. They will need a resume included with your experience (if any) and of course where and how to reach you. The tape itself is just a demonstration fo the talent you are trying to sell. Make it as professional as you can. No clowning. No "Oops! Let me try that again."



The only way to start is at the bottom of the industry and sending audition tapes is the bottom. You would be wise to begin performing at open mics in the community and getting tapes of live performances with an audience. That is the next step up the ladder.What do I include on an audition tape for disney channel?
I made it through! at the beginning just say:



Hi I'm %26lt;insert name here%26gt; I am %26lt;insert age here%26gt; and sing a song and act a little bit Tip: you can say what show you want to be on but I'm warning you you may impress the judges but the judges may not let you through just because you said that
your not going to get anywhere sending a tape. except for the rare open calls they have, you need to be in LA and have an agent to get on disney auditions. selena didn't just get discovered, she

was working before disney. there is usually more to these fairy tale acting stories than you hear about. granted there are always exceptions to the rule, but for the most part and for most actors out there, just falling into stardom is extremely rare.What do I include on an audition tape for disney channel?
I'd recommend getting a good foundation with the Walt Disney Company first.

Here's their auditions website: http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/

Other than that, you'd just have to be lucky enough to be discovered right off the bat by a talent agent, which can be very difficult.
Thank you Melissa! that really helped but what address would I send the tape to?

No comments:

Post a Comment